Position: Agency Marketing Manager
Reports to: Commercial Director
Office location: Mustard Media, Central Manchester
Commercial Area: Primarily Europe but where required, globally.
A one-off opportunity to become an integral part of the new business team at Mustard Media: an events and festival accelerator agency on a mission to engineer exceptional moments for itself and it’s clients.Summary:
The Agency Marketing Manager works with the New Business Team, Creative Director and wider colleagues at Mustard Media to ensure the agency creates and delivers inbound marketing that leads to new projects, new clients and new opportunities to showcase the very best of Mustard Media.
The main aim of this role is help define the strategic and tactical marketing strategy for Mustard Media, aimed at creating both a reliable pipeline of high quality, inbound leads and content that enables the agency to achieve its world-class ambitions.
There is also a clear responsibility to - in collaboration with management - to contribute to, monitor and manage commercial progress versus budgets and targets set by the board of directors.The purpose of this role is three-fold:
1. To lead and deliver the agencies marketing strategy in line with its vision and ensure it consistently generates exciting commercial opportunities.
Our Agency Marketing Manager is required to build a marketing strategy in conjunction with the team at Mustard Media designed to position the agency as the go-to people when thinking about marketing or organising festivals and events, generating high quality leads consistently by striving to engineer exceptional moments.
2. To produce industry-leading content that enables the agency to achieve its world-class ambitions.
Our Agency Marketing Manager is required to identify opportunities for the agency to dominate the content around marketing and organising festivals and events and follow through with the production of and testing of those ideas.
3. To help the leaders within the business build personal brands that compliment the businesses marketing strategy.
Our Agency Marketing Manager will be expected to advise and assist on the marketing strategy required to build personal brands for each of the leaders within the business to further place the company and it’s personalities at the front of mind when it comes to festivals and events.Responsibilities:
1. To help define and deliver a new marketing strategy for the agency involving all stakeholders in the process with the goal of positioning Mustard Media as the go-to people when thinking about marketing or organising festivals and events.
2. To manage the production of content across all Mustard Media channels with the agencies goals and mission in mind.
- You’ll be responsible for leading the creation and evolution of the agencies marketing strategy alongside the leadership team and your colleagues.
3. To generate high quality leads consistently each month for the New Business Team to contact.
- Work together will colleagues to manage and create world-class engaging and insightful content on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin & other channels.
- Be hands on, managing and implement the whole content process from conception to posting.
- Managing the creation of an agency tone of voice document and implement it during the creation of copy for agency across multiple platforms.
- Maintaining the platforms on which the agency has a presence responding to comms and being reactive.
4. To be a subject matter expert - fully understanding the agencies products, services and schedule to identify marketing opportunities.
- You’ll work with your colleagues to strategise creative funnel campaigns around each of the agencies core products, driving leads to the new business teams.
- You’ll work with the Paid Media team to build, test, optimise and take learnings from the campaigns working to ensure we meet ROI targets.
- Working with the design team you'll brief creative for campaigns that meet the brand's guidelines by creating coherent design briefs and efficiently managing rounds of feedback with impeccable attention to detail.
- Regular campaign reporting tracked against monthly KPIs to the Directors and New Business Team.
5. To create a marketing strategy for the leaders in the business.
- To network with the whole Mustard Media team so you can fully understand everyone's strengths and how they can be used to assist with the implementation of the marketing strategy.
- To continue to expand your own (as well as your colleague’s) know how of social media and marketing trends and techniques.
- Create a marketing strategy to utilise the leaders and core team members in the business to achieve the core marketing strategies objectives.
Encourage and advise on the implementation of this.
Personality, Education, Experience and Skills:
A successful candidate stands out because of:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious individual passionate about music and events with a natural flair for spotting opportunities and thinking about the big picture.
Furthermore, a candidate will be able to show concrete examples of how they are:
- A personal track record in B2B marketing, showing results working with a companies vision to produce content and marketing campaigns which drive leads.
- A history of creating successful video, social media, email and website content, demonstrating a real understanding of all the platforms how to successfully operate a content strategy which is useful and insightful for potential customers and others within an industry without devaluing the companies products.
- A diverse background & experience clearly showing an understanding of all the different audiences that Mustard Media interacts (or could interact) with.
- A portfolio of previous work and available references supporting the candidate's areas of expertise, stand-out skills or competence and ability to contribute to growing the brand of Mustard Media.
a) A colleague that focuses on collaboration, involvement and transparency to succeed.
b) Proactive in their approach to projects, never leaving anything unresolved.
c) A colleague that thinks about the bigger picture when working, always asking Why?
d) A colleague that challenges things in a positive way.Finally, a successful candidate will have:
A few more things you should know about Mustard Media:
- Solid experience producing short form and long form video content.
- A minimum of 2 years Marketing Manager, B2B Marketing Manager, Social Media Manager or Channel Manager experience.
- We have 25 days paid annual leave and encourage team members to take their birthday off.
- We are based in a Central Manchester location next to the Town Hall & St Peters Square tram stop.
- We have quarterly team socials.
- We are a fast-growing company with a rapidly expanding client base.
- We eat a team breakfast together on Monday mornings.
- Flexi-time: Monday-Thursday either: 8.30-17:00 or 9.30-18.00. Fridays: 9.00-16.00
- We finish at 4 pm on Fridays.
- Cycle to Work Scheme available with secure storage and a shower available on site.
- We’re part of the Nest Pension Scheme.
To apply, please send your CV, a cover letter and examples you'd like to highlight to firstname.lastname@example.org